Welcome to episode 31 of F*ck Like a Woman. This is part 2 of our conversation on masculinity where we get real about the challenges men face with strict gender conformity and how it ties in with relationships. Today we’re focusing on sex – the myths, the misconceptions, and the reflections. We unpack some of the biases and challenges that men face in the bedroom.
And to keep you in the loop, during the month of June, I’ll be revamping the podcast to expand the reach of people who want to join in these conversations with us. I’ll be coming back with a brand new title and new episodes in July so enjoy this last release and always feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are a few of the ideas we discuss:
- Boys’ first experiences with porn and sexual excitement – who is teaching boys about sexual education?
- Exploring Erectile Dysfunction as a manifestation of a vulnerable internal state of mind: anxiety, self-esteem, body-image, depression, performance anxiety, etc.
- What are some ways that men would prefer to be treated in relationships?
- Keeping your partner current on what you want from the relationship sexually and emotionally
- The importance of sexual communication within relationships and during the heat of the moment
- The myth that men are “easy” and constantly “ready to go” sexually
- The patriarchal policing of men by using the term “gay” for a man who doesn’t follow the hetero-normative male code
- Sexual fluidity is not the same thing as sexual orientation, and the stereotypes of men who are more sexual fluid with the same sex
SHOW SOME LOVE FOR THE PODCAST BY LEAVING A REVIEW ON iTUNES & SHARING WITH A FRIEND!